- I must own this pair of shoes.
- Before I even start gathering thoughts, I must go for a run in them.
- Before I start writing the review, I must run 100 miles in them.
- All pictures must be taken after logging 100 miles.
- If I intend to race in these shoes, I cannot finish the review before completing a "good" race in them. The LA Marathon, for example, would not qualify because I was having an all-around bad day. An exception can be made if a "bad" race was solely the fault of the shoes, then the gloves are coming off.
I don't have a scoring system or anything like that with my reviews. I'm just going to give my overall impression, what I like about it, what I don't, what I think it should be used for, and a general thumbs-up or thumbs-down. Since they will all be shoes I picked out myself (see #1), you can probably expect mostly thumbs-ups.
And that's about it. There may sometimes be long periods between reviews, since I like to get a long life out of my shoes.